ASSISI General information -
Generally, churches and sanctuaries are open to visits every day from 6.30/7.00 to 12.00 and from 14.00/14.30 until sunset. Exceptions:
- The Basilica of S. Francesco, which in the period of April - October remains open from dawn until sunset;
- The Eremo delle Carceri, which is open during all year from the start of summer – time until October, 4th from 6.30 to 19.30 and beginning with October, 5th until the end of normal time from 6.30 to 17.00.
Visits are not allowed:
- In the Basilica of S. Francesco on Sunday mornings;
- in the Sanctuary of S. Damiano before 10.00 and after 18.00;
- in all other churches during
Some churches operate a very strict dress code - strappy sundresses, tank
tops, shorts and miniskirts are not considered respectable clothing. The
solution for women is simple - carry a large but lightweight wrap to put round
your shoulders. Men will either have to wear long trousers and suffer the heat,
or do their church visiting (in long trousers) in the relative cool of the
morning and change clothes after visiting.
© Copyright 1998-2018 by SCG Business Consultig Sas di E.Giacomelli (www.scgconsulting.com)